Norah Tunney Poems
- Last Night I Held The World In... Last night I held the ...
- I Read The Poems Of Tagore For... I read the poems of Tagore...
- The Scent Of A Poet In a Paris cafe on Rue De Barrie, I ...
- When The Mind Is Quiet When the mind is quiet its a ...
- Be Kind Be kind, Be kind Sometimes in the dark mists of ...
- The Passion Of A Poet The passion of a poet is rooted in ...
- Silence- The Nearest Thing To ... When your racehorse mind is...
Norah sprung from an extravagant linage of poets where Poetry was seen as a beautiful benediction-
a noble passion
blessing all ones days.
Won 3rd price for poetry in The Gerald Manley Hopkins award.
Wrote 4 poetry books
Only a Breath Away,
The Touch Of A Spark. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''You will not fall between the cracks-NorahTunney
this loving universe has got your back''
''Only when your heart is emptyNorah Tunney
will there be room for the whole world to come inside.''
''The awareness of death-Norah Tunney
''Nature quietens the mindNorah Tunney
and nourishes the heart.''
''When the mind is quietNorah Tunney
the body can rest.''
Last Night I Held The World In My Arms
Last night I held the world
in my arms,
and my heart broke into
a thousands shards,
I cried rivers
and my body ached and shivered,
I gathered up every scrap of pain and grief
and carried it home to the great ocean of silence and peace,
we are not beings in a separate cell,
we are part and parcel of a magnificent star-shell.
Last night I fell asleep with the world in my arms
and today I cry from the depths of my being-
let me die from loving this beautiful world too much,
and forgive me if have hurt you along the way,
but I am just a poor ...