A Bookmark As A Present For A Departing Friend - Poem by nimal dunuhinga
Time is a wonderful thief who steals everything from us?
Shining spring comes through the fallen leaves
And the willy-nilly flowers bloom merrily.
Famous birds sing and the deep rivers flow quietly.
The tricky life begins again and I write on the shifting sands;
'My carefree hidden wise Master, please do not pull this miraculous season away until I finish the tiresome journey.'
[ * My love has been the poem I would have writ
But I could not both live and utter it.]
Dedication to my childhood hero ' Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid Star' deceased Paul.Newman
Comments about A Bookmark As A Present For A Departing Friend by nimal dunuhinga
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda