A Fairy Tale - Poem by MATLOOB BUKHARI
A FAIRY TALE
My friends, close your eyes
I want to tell you a fairy tale.
I saw a princess in a snowy palace
Wearing was she a silky pearly robe.
Her milky face, silvery neck, white teeth
Were looking fairer far than a frosted rose,
Whose petals are bedecked with drops of rain.
Ah me! Starshine of her dark black eyes
Sucked my soul and made me mad.
She has gone leaving me a beaten rose.
Oh! bring some herbs to cure my madness
I am drunk without drinking wine.
(Copyright: MATLOOB BOKHARI,2020)
Comments about A Fairy Tale by MATLOOB BUKHARI
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl