A Lonely Walkway - Poem by Khairul Ahsan
Many passers-by traverse this walkway
Individually or in groups, everyday
In their morning and afternoon strolls,
Some do so even when the evening falls.
Many devout followers of faith everyday
Walk this path as it falls on their way
To the Masjid, where they prostrate and pray
Rain or shine, five times a day.
The path on the right and the canal on the left
Both at past midday looked quite bereft
Just at that time, while I was walking alone
I captured the sight, in the camera of my cellphone.
07 October 2018
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about A Lonely Walkway by Khairul Ahsan
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl