Lawrence S. Pertillar
After Being Raped Of Escapades - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
I use to sit and wish for my innocence back.
But after being raped of escapades by the facts of life,
I could no longer hang onto fading daydreams.
Or my lingering memories of doing that to escape.
And I was in no position to be delusional.
Since my youth was early abused,
By the reality of my environment.
And today I most miss any presence of honesty.
Comments about After Being Raped Of Escapades by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl