! Anger - Poem by Michael Shepherd
Epictetus the stoic philosopher said
that anyone who angers you becomes your master
by disturbing you;
Well, that's me -
full of righteous and unrighteous anger;
on the other hand,
God gets pretty hot in the O.T. -
Are there different rules?
After all, we both know we're right.
And don't ask me what 'religion' I am, OK?
Or I could get really angry...
Comments about ! Anger by Michael Shepherd
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Read poems about / on: anger
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl