Cubs Vs Cardinals - Poem by Scotty Dogg
Through a concrete gate opening
the green field revealed itself.
I remember the white lines too.
Organ music smells hotdog smiles.
Dad held my hand as we floated
to our seats and Curt Flood threw
me a ball and it knocked over a
Beer. Splash! Some got us wet.
The game was crawling as I
watched peanuts fly by and fans
pass down some money, man.
“YO! GETCHA BEER HERE! ” and
Bob Gibson hit some poor guy
and the guy limped to first.
We all sang baseball! And the
next thing I knew we were all
floating to our cars and I slept
on the way home. I heard sirens.
Comments about Cubs Vs Cardinals by Scotty Dogg
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl