Escapee - Poem by nimal dunuhinga
Train is full and hardly I embarked
on the way a girl jumped to the train
and somebody in the compartment who pulled the chain
it stopped at once.
We delayed to reach the station called Eternity
Oh! someone has pick pocketed my wallet hastily.
All my hard earned money is there.
Heavy rains and it took sometimes to seized.
I heard a sound of a tolling bell in a distant temple
and I see a gloomy mountain through the mist.
Beloved! still, I am at the beneath of the mountain
and there is no way marker to the peak.
Comments about Escapee by nimal dunuhinga
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl