Cheryl Lynn Moyer Peele
Manifestation Of A Buddha - Poem by Cheryl Lynn Moyer Peele
A child missing for a year in remote Nepal,
re-emerges now 'The Enlightened one, '
the reincarnated Buddha, cross-legged
beneath a tree. No sign of ten months
of hunger or thirst for anything but silent prayer.
Bamjon, last seen by tens of thousands
in 2005 now has shoulder length hair
with his body wrapped in a simple white cloth.
People are walking to see him, to be touched
by a God, some believe. These terrible times
have called him forth. Molding him into
Buddha himself, who said, “All that we are
is the result of what we have thought.
The mind is everything. What we think
And so he has.
Comments about Manifestation Of A Buddha by Cheryl Lynn Moyer Peele
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl