Mask Is Down - Poem by Alison Smith
She sits at her computer
And opens the window.
She has entered another world
A place where she can be free.
She chats with people as an equal
She can choose whom she meets
She can invent a life
Or at last talk about the real person that is her.
She has spent her life behind a mask
Scared to show who she really is
But at her computer she can take down her mask
She can present what she really wants people to see.
No one sees what she is really like
No one sees the scars
She is accepted for what she portrays.
As that’s all they can see.
She can express her loves and desires
She can laugh and be free
She can still be alone
And turn off her world at will.
Comments about Mask Is Down by Alison Smith
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye