Lawrence S. Pertillar
The Severe Changes Being Made - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
How severe are the changes today being made?
Remember when people who committed crimes,
Were locked away and sent to prison?
One not equipped to provide those incarcerated,
With the best of technology.
People are committing crimes to be sent to prison,
To enable them to learn a trade to qualify...
For a decent job that pays higher wages.
And those attempting to live decent lives are penalized,
By paying higher taxes on lowered wages paid.
While those severe changes being made,
Are as clear for all to see...
To believe in.
Comments about The Severe Changes Being Made by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl