There Is No Future (It's Not What You Think) - Poem by Violet Llewellyn
I have climbed the mountains of wonder
I have seen the valleys of death
I have wakened the deaf with silence
I have suffocated immortals with breath
I have run from sure victory
I have stared in the face of defeat
I have bottled the wind from the ocean
I have prevailed when surely beat
All this I have done
All this and more
I know what the past is
But none of what's in store
Will the earth convulse in sadness?
Will dawn break and joy reign again?
Can we venture to the depths of space?
Can we travel to any when?
Confusion and a cacophony
Of breath and stilling air
The future does not matter
Because we are already there
Comments about There Is No Future (It's Not What You Think) by Violet Llewellyn
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl