Unsung Heroes - Poem by David Harris
Everyday somewhere in the world
another unsung hero is born.
Someone who is willing,
to lay his life on the line
to save another living creature,
on this wonderful planet of ours.
To go out of their way,
and risk life and limb to save something,
from danger and certain death.
These unsung heroes don’t want medals,
glory or even fame.
In fact, most would walk away afterwards,
without anyone ever knowing their name.
It is not that they feel guilty.
They just feel that they haven’t done
anything that is special
or something someone else
wouldn’t have probably done.
Therefore, to all those unsung heroes
this poem is just for you.
For all the lives that you save
each and every day.
Comments about Unsung Heroes by David Harris
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl