Randy Lane Poems
- The Ballad Of Billy The Kid Billy was an outlaw who traveled ...
- Geronimo Sir! I have heard the beating of a distant drum ...
- Cowboy Pete I got a few things I'd like to vent about this ...
- Wanted The cold wind whipping down around my back pourin' ...
- Outlaw's Destiny Aint gonna be no saturday night dance Aint...
I was born in Tulsa Ok. I have been writing for about thirty years. I live in a little town called Wynona Ok it's
right in the heart of buffalo country there in Osage County, not to far from the cave where the Dalton gang hid from the long arm of the law back in the days before state hood. Iam fifty two years old and plan on writing poetry the rest of my life if God willing. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Randy Lane
The Ballad Of Billy The Kid
Billy was an outlaw who traveled down the trail
with his six-guns a-blazing as he rode strait into hell
The purple sage mountains outlined the western town
where fate had been following like a shadow on the ground
The Marshall sat there waiting that hot and hellish night
a warrant for Billy just aching for a fight
So Judas told the Marshall he sleeps across the way
without his six-guns handy and on a bed there he laid
Well the night had exploded with gun fire in the air
and as he awakened you could hear Billy swear
Marshall take your guns and ride out of...