Samuel Stuart Pennell
Samuel Stuart Pennell Poems
- The Gods Were Illuminated I walk into my room, the door ...
- All Of The Pretty Things At Th...
- 2. She Ii
- Thundering Youth Thundering Youth/Thundering flower Like ...
- Route 9, Massachusetts My brother, mother and I are in our ...
- The Sun And The Wheat When I drive through the country I ...
- On The Evening My Heart Stood ... On the evening I met you,...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Gods Were Illuminated
I walk into my room,
the door shuts behind me.
I am in my own world
I kick off my shoes,
-they lie in a geometric pattern
on the floor
I am 16 years old.
It is snowing,
it is dark,
and the god of December
has fallen across this land.
The snow swirls and swirls and swirls,
endlessly and forever in my inner darkness.
'God, I hope we don't have school tomorrow, ' I think to myself
I know all 16 year olds think this very thought,
but somehow it is different when I think it.
I am different, and alone-
Alone, and ...