Shamin Bashir Shah
Shamin Bashir Shah Poems
- I Am Sorry Pakistan On 14th Au...
- The Saddest Poem Ever... On a wrinkled piece of paper, I ...
- Woman: An Article Of Trade My body and soul has repeatedly ...
- As Tear Prick My Eyes As tears prick my eyes, I hold down ...
- As I Gaze Upon The World Whenever I see the world around ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I Am Sorry Pakistan On 14th August, Independence Day
You gave me so much,
But I gave you nothing but pain.
You gave me the freedom I yearned,
But in return I bind you in chains.
You gave me the identity,
But I took that from you.
You gave me a place I could call home,
But I left you scared, deserted and alone.
Oh! I am so sorry Pakistan,
Forgive me for burning you alive.
Forgive me for letting you down,
Forgive me for all the times a finger was pointed at you.
Forgive me for being silent at times when I had to stand for up for you.
Forgive me for giving you the recognition of a terrorist country, ...