Teresa Newman Poems
- Desperate Don't understand why I feel so insecure It's not ...
- Farewell My Friend Drugs, you used to be my best friend You ...
- My Look At Theology Life, God's cruel little joke I want to ...
- I Love You I understand your anger, your rage An animal ...
- My Recovery Addiction happens to the best of us It comes in ...
- My Addiction Blood in the needle is beautiful to see You ...
- That Stranger Is Me I stare at the stranger in the ...
I am a 32 yr old mother of an extrodinary son. I know most parents claim this but my son saved my life. Before he came along my world had no meaning and was dark. I was slowly killing myself with drugs and alcohol. I was sent a beautiful gift and a second chance at life. Hope you enjoy my poems... fortunately I am no longer the person in these poems. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Teresa Newman
That Stranger Is Me
I stare at the stranger in the mirror.
Who is she?
She used to have dancing eyes
-now they're filled with a thousand's whys
She used to have a beautiful smile
-but that too has been gone awhile
She used to dream and hope
-now all she does is shoot dope
She used to have a pretty face
-now it's just a dark, hollow place.
When did I become she,
and why won't she just let me be?