Terry Dawson Poems
- I've Met A Girl I've met a girl Louise her name. Within I ...
- The Skeleton Coast Across the Uhab river's dry bed Lies a ...
- The Dancing Girl In an erotic dream I see A shapely girl ...
- Balance In this life we bear In equal portion Mix ...
- Against Wrongs Done Me Against wrongs done me My spirit ...
- A Daydreaming Evoked By Swallo... The spring swallows return ...
- The Elephants Soft light by gradual stage reveals (As dark ...
Terry Dawson was born in 1955 to farming parents in the former British colony of Southern Rhodesia. He has been a soldier, game keeper, beekeeper and farmer. He lives now in rural eastern Zimbabwe. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Terry Dawson
I've Met A Girl
I've met a girl
Louise her name.
Within I feel new strength unfurl
And I'm no more the same.
Strange to myself, now am I
Renewed in mind and heart,
My load lighter than before, and why? -
Her magic weaves its art.
Of friendship's gift
Sure, true and swift
As ever friend could be.
By her, unaware, is it arranged
That life comes anew into a soul,
And so is lonesomeness estranged;
A life reacquainted with its goal.