Thea Pound Poems
- Matricide Is it not so, That we have fallen, Almost ...
- Fury -new- Let us wear a mask of calm, Below the surface ...
- Darkness Yields The Brightest ... Nothing but a cold ...
- Spectrum Let me know suffering, as I have known love. Let me...
- Tenants Of Treachery Here is the place where shadows gather, ...
- Nihility Whispers. Murmurs. Voices. All chattering In the ...
- Atlas When you hold up the world, Don't your hands start to...
Thea " Hughes" Pound is an aspiring poet and novel writer, from the south coast of England, where she lives with her sister.
She has a taste for the more macabre side of life, and favours political, pseudo-religious and existentialist themes. Her preferred styles of poetry are rhyming or freeform.
She is twice published in the Anthologies released by Forward Poetry, and is an ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''True seekers search not for the end of the road, but the road itself; for the journey itself creates wisdom.''...
''All 'Paradoxes' are ordained by The Divine.''...
Comments about Thea Pound
Is it not so, That we have fallen,
Almost deafened to The Calling,
Our cenotaph, such great glass columns,
In the urban jungle Sprawling.
Clouds drift ever up to meet the skies,
A blackened fog to blind the eyes,
And bind the throat and smother cries;
Such self-made smog forms our demise.
What of the sounds, at one time ringing?
For absent birds, we're want of singing,
Yet oblivious to the pain we're bringing,
We continue the massacre, endless sinning.
Once Majestic trees mastered the land,
Now raped to satisfy demand.
Is this the...