Thea Pound Poems
- Darkness Yields The Brightest ... Nothing but a cold ...
- Fury Let us wear a mask of calm, Below the surface ...
- Matricide Is it not so, That we have fallen, Almost ...
- Masquerade I wear a face, when I step outside. A mask. ...
- Devour Me, My Love Devour me, my love; I desire to never ...
- The Modern Age It's hard to have faith, In anything these ...
- Spectrum Let me know suffering, as I have known love. Let me...
Thea " Hughes" Pound is an aspiring poet and novel writer, from the south coast of England, where she lives with her sister.
She has a taste for the more macabre side of life, and favours political, pseudo-religious and existentialist themes. Her preferred styles of poetry are rhyming or freeform.
She is twice published in the Anthologies released by Forward Poetry, and is an ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''True seekers search not for the end of the road, but the road itself; for the journey itself creates wisdom.''...
''All 'Paradoxes' are ordained by The Divine.''...
Comments about Thea Pound
Darkness Yields The Brightest Light
Nothing but a cold darkness here,
Since the sun died out;
Just ruthless dreams of a hopeless hope,
A cruel fate, framed by doubt.
The whispers urge me in the shade,
To never surrender the ideal,
But even entrapped in celestial claws,
I cannot escape what is real.
In solemn solitude, what is there left?
Is anything worth the fight?
The dreams I have dreamt cannot be achieved,
Not by one so consumed by the night.
But it dawns that I am not devoured;
Just frayed at the edges, it seems,
For if I could accept finality,
How could I still ...