Tim Sully Poems
- Do Chairs Have Feelings Too? Is a chair aware of the derriere...
- Thanks For Nothing I saw your car He was there, in the ...
- For Who's Benefit? My nerves scream as I trudge Through the...
- I Can'T Sleep I can’t sleep ‘Cos all the sheep That help me...
- Hat My hat It’s not all that But it sits on me quite ...
I am a medically retired former civil servant. I graduated in law but hated every minute of it. My talents seem vast and varied though as yet I seem master of none.
My poems reflect my myriad moods. The content and meter are as varied as the language and sentiment. I can be cynical one moment, tender the next. If nothing else, I am at least spontaneous and honest in what I ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Tim Sully
Do Chairs Have Feelings Too?
Is a chair aware of the derriere there?
Does it care that you take up its space?
Does it ever purport to offer support
As you stick your rear in its face?
Are the squeaks and creaks just the screams and shrieks
Of an upholstered nervous wreck
As it winces in pain from the terrible strain
Of the heaving behind on its deck?
Does it teeter and quiver from that time after dinner
When it underwent Aunt Bessie’s arse
Does it shudder at sittings or noisy emissions
From the ghosts of backsides past?
Does it quietly quake and its poor legs ...