Annabel Cruz Poems
- Confirmation Prayer (For Isabel on her Confirmation Day) ...
- A Rondel For Olivia She smiles at the mirror, eyes blue as ...
- Seeds Of Kindness Every seed of kindness That you plant ...
- Shiny Penny A month ago – or so I didn’t know you From a ...
- Don'T Change For Isabel on her graduation Don’t change ...
- Fear Of Drowning I would like to enter you through your eyes;...
- When All The World I have loved you like a lantern Shinning ...
I started writing poetry while I was still in college and although the content of my poetry has changed quite a bit (not as much angst and broken hearts) , my style remains much the same. My favorite poets are Margaret Atwood, Marge Piercy, Maya Angelou and Pablo Neruda, to name a few. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
(For Isabel on her Confirmation Day)
May the faith you confirm today
Be your key
To open the doors to....
HOPE, when all seems lost,
JOY, when despair consumes you,
LOVE, when hatred afflicts you, and
PEACE, when turmoil surrounds you.
Guard it well
And keep it close,
This precious key,
For when it is lost
All is lost.
But when it is found,
It will set you free
And always guide you