Billy Loving Poems
- The Silent Old Man Body bent and twisted Gnarled fingers ...
- A Lost Love A luminous full moon fills the sky While I sit, ...
- Breaktime Relaxing, tantalizing foray From work, a brief ...
- Poem 752 Roaring from inside Angry lion in his cage His ...
- The Rainbow Chilling rain beating down A day, dark and ...
- Poem 602
- The Mountain Of Life As I stare at the sky While the birds ...
I began writing poetry several years ago. I find it to be relaxing, enjoyable, and therapeutic. I like rhyming poetry, haikus(5-7-5) , Tankas(5-7-5-7-7) , verse and sonnets. I am a stickler for the number of syllables in Japanese poetry. Haikus and tankas are not traditionally named so mine just have a number as means of cataloging them. I have been writing several years now. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Billy Loving
The Silent Old Man
Body bent and twisted
Gnarled fingers gripping his cane
Face weathered with age
An old man enters the bar
Perching himself upon the barstool
Ordering a drink from the bartender
Silently he sips one after another
As the time ticks away
Glazed eyes staring into nowhere
I watched expectantly
If only, his mind I could read
What magnificent stories would lie within?
Too late, I'll never know
As he wobbles out the door
Disappointedly, I take a gulp
And think of what might have been