Chris Embrick Poems
- Losing My Way Blue skies gave way to hues of gold As I ...
- The Bonding Of A Mother's Love Hidden in last Summer's ...
- When Poets And Poems Are One When the poet's work is well ...
- Be Gentle With My Heart Tonigh... Be gentle with my heart ...
- A Well Flavored Kiss I've done a lot of things in life that ...
- Don't Leave Your Dreams The rule of thumb is never quit So ...
- A Hard Lesson From Love With loneliness each night I ...
Retired high school science teacher. 35 trapped in a 65 year old body. Hobbies/interests: writing poetry, song lyrics, hiking, gardening, oil and acrylic painting. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''A wise man talks when he has something meaningful to say; a fool talks when no one is listening.''1
''Self-examination seldom shows a haughty man what others see.''2
''The full heart always has a smile.''3
''The heart in love makes room for more.''4
''Memories can be overwhelming.''5
Losing My Way
Blue skies gave way to hues of gold
As I surveyed the forest deep
Well beyond my intended stroll
Ahead I heard the river's sound
And knowing I had lost my way
Well past the time to turn around
The fears of life my mind restrained
No hurry yet, to leave such peace
For life's direction to regain
From Nature's bounty peace borrowed
Along the path hardships strewn
New hope, new strength, for tomorrow
Above the trees a dim half-moon
I lost desire to get home soon.