Claudia Krizay Poems
- Magic Fear, anger, mistrust and nearly Half a century ...
- A True Mom From childhood memories of band aids and skinned ...
- Imprisoned Falling: Imprisoned, while Hiding- Eyes, fixed...
- I Found You- (For My Best Frie... Alone in this world, Not ...
- A Gallant Lady Upon every pathway I walk, I see your shadow, ...
- Spring's Rebirth This is the time of year being that ...
- When I Lost Myself There are those who are forever searching ...
I am a fifty seven year old woman living with schizophrenia. I had high aspirations as a child and adolescent but my illness prevented me from seeking higher education.Through my artwork and poetry- although quite a novice poet. I cope with major mental illness through my writing, artwork, jewelry making and nature photography. I have published three books of poetry which I have illustrated with my artwork and photography.As my father was in the foreign service I lived abroad for a large part of my childhood. now I reside in my own condominium located in Silver Spring, Maryland, am unemployed though working on a fourth book which hopefully will be published at the end of this year. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Fear, anger, mistrust and nearly
Half a century of
Living in a world unfamiliar
To all but myself-
Has left me in dismay and in solitude-
Tomorrow is another day where
My morning shall be
Walking in the darkness, although
Moments away from sunrise and
Knowing that within a few hours
As I sleep- my mind shall become aware-
As if lightening has struck in some
Magical way-Fear, anger and
Mistrust shall disappear in a moment’s notice-
A different sort of sun shall rise
For me alone, shining light upon my kaleidoscopic world-
Black skies transform to...