Jeffrey Mitchell Poems
- A Candle Trying to keep my flame But it’s hard where you ...
- Sun Shine
- My Beautiful Daughters Independent though you may think, yet ...
- Honey Buzzing along Minding my own business Then I see some...
- Bless A man is watching a beast devour other people. Then ...
- Take Root, Buds I spoke to the soil, To pick and turn the ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jeffrey Mitchell
Trying to keep my flame
But it’s hard where you placed me, in a house
With many drafts
Flicker, flicker while I sway from side to side
Casting shadows of my flame dancing on the walls
Surrounded in darkness
My flame dancing from a gust of wind
On a ledge I sit
On top of a fire place mantel
To bring light inside a room
But in the corners where the darkness dwells
Eyes are watching my flame being tossed, to and fro
From a relentless wind
I am trying to keep my flame
In a place where I’m not wanted
Above the darkness I stare ...