Lawrence Beck Poems
- A Dream Will we ever have a moment, it's too much To wish ...
- How The Clintons And The Bushe...
- La La Land I saw a movie yesterday, a vision That made me ...
- Grinch I'll take my winter neat, if you don't mind. I'll sit...
- Immobility Considered Am I patient, dear? Of course, I'm ...
- 12: 00 Am, January First With an arbitrary order, sign of ...
- Goodbye Her face is all I want to see, A thing of such ...
My advice to anyone reading one of my poems: read it so quickly as you can the first time through. Since I write in a rush, my melody will become most evident if you read in a rush.
I have a web site, www.lawrencebeck.net, which contains more of my recent poems than the 50 I leave up here. I refresh this site every other month.
Alas, I must add this: if you write to me ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Will we ever have a moment, it's too much
To wish for more than that, when we can
Slip away to be together on a Christmas
Eve, so I can look into your face, and
Pledge my love to you again, and admit
That, as an unbeliever, your birth means
More to me than that of a god or someone
Else? And maybe I could find a present,
Something small but meaningful, possibly
A necklace you could dangle right above
Your heart, to give you just before you go,
Before you whisper, 'Merry Christmas, '
And our moment's done.