Lawrence Beck Poems
- Seattle, Then And Now When I was young, it wasn't hard to ...
- In Your Absence So, yeah, my life has lost its color.There's ...
- Over Again It's over.One quick last embrace, and then She ...
- Trying To Hold Onto Water I'll remember yesterday, of course,...
- Seventy Years Was Long Enough We are nearing one of those ...
- Wheel Of Fortune I spent three delightful days and ...
- Your Typical Gushy Love Poem The man who claims to know his ...
My advice to anyone reading one of my poems: read it so quickly as you can the first time through. Since I write in a rush, my melody will become most evident if you read in a rush.
I have a web site, www.lawrencebeck.net, which contains more of my recent poems than the 50 I leave up here. I refresh this site every other month.
Alas, I must add this: if you write to me ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Your Typical Gushy Love Poem
The man who claims to know his mind is a liar.
The thing is a swirling cloud of misapprehensions,
Baseless beliefs, and self-aggrandizing folderol.
I ponder these thoughts as Haley approaches.
Am I in love?I'm thrilled that she's come.I'm eager
To hear what she says to me, but is the woman
Within who I want, or do I want the one within
Because she's inside such a beautiful shell, and my
"Love" is no more than a stratagem to keep it
At my side?