Lawrence Beck Poems
- Head To Heart So, yeah, I'm sitting here, uneasy, On a ...
- The Passage Of Time -new- I see a little kid. She's on a bicycle, ...
- Fictional -new- If the world could be so perfect as the ...
- Greatness "I don't want to go to school." You got ...
- Above The Elkhorn The sun has come back north enough To make...
- Ariel In Amber I saw you stare at me on Friday morning, Saw...
- Good Morning! Dawn's not even come yet, and the day Has ...
My advice to anyone reading one of my poems: read it so quickly as you can the first time through. Since I write in a rush, my melody will become most evident if you read in a rush.
I have a web site, www.lawrencebeck.net, which contains more of my recent poems than the 50 I leave up here. I refresh this site every other month.
Alas, I must add this: if you write to me ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Head To Heart
So, yeah, I'm sitting here, uneasy,
On a dreary winter Sunday morning
Wishing for a host of things I'm
Half-convinced I ought to have:
I should have used my four days
Off to fly away to Mexico to
Feel the heat and watch the ocean;
I wish weather here was warmer;
I could ride my new, red bike;
I wish that Ariel would speak;
And that I didn't feel so sick.
The knowledge that I won't live
Long is not something that bothers
Me. What does is growing feebleness.
If I'm to die, then kill me now,
You bloated, inefficient heart.
If I'm to live, ...