Meena Kandasamy Poems
- Advaita: The Ultimate Question Non ...
- Aggression Ours is a silence that waits. Endlessly ...
- Evil Spirits You are possessed. Witch doctors believe in ...
- Becoming A Brahmin Algorithm for converting a Shudra into a ...
- Mascara The last thing she does before she gets ready to ...
- Fuchsia Shock My bed smells of textbooks and it is more than...
- Another Paradise Lost One sleepy summer afternoon, while ...
Meena Kandasamy is an emerging poet, fiction writer, translator and activist. She is based in Chennai.
Her first book, Touch, was published in 2006. Two of her poems have won prizes in all-India poetry competitions. Her poetry has been published in various journals, including The Little Magazine, Kavya Bharati, Indian Horizons, Muse India and the Quarterly Literary Review, Singapore. She edited The Dalit, a bi-monthly alternative English magazine of the Dalit Media Network in its first year of publication from 2001 to 2002.
Kandasamy’s translations include the writings and speeches of Thol. Thirumavalavan, leader of Viduthalai Chiruthaigal or the Dalit Panthers of India... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Advaita: The Ultimate Question