Meena Kandasamy Poems
- Apologies For Living On I am living on because providing ...
- Advaita: The Ultimate Question Non ...
- Aggression Ours is a silence that waits. Endlessly ...
- Fire Black satanic fumes shroud the blank blue skies in ...
- Evil Spirits You are possessed. Witch doctors believe in ...
- Becoming A Brahmin Algorithm for converting a Shudra into a ...
- Frenzied Light When you called me To light up your life I ...
Meena Kandasamy is an emerging poet, fiction writer, translator and activist. She is based in Chennai.
Her first book, Touch, was published in 2006. Two of her poems have won prizes in all-India poetry competitions. Her poetry has been published in various journals, including The Little Magazine, Kavya Bharati, Indian Horizons, Muse India and the Quarterly Literary Review, Singapore. She edited The Dalit, a bi-monthly alternative English magazine of the Dalit Media Network in its first year of publication from 2001 to 2002.
Kandasamy’s translations include the writings and speeches of Thol. Thirumavalavan, leader of Viduthalai Chiruthaigal or the Dalit Panthers of India... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Apologies For Living On
I am living on
because providing apologies is easy
i was making choices
with insanely safe ideas of
i was a helpless girl
against the brutal world of
i was craving for security
the kind i had only known while
i am locked away
a terrified princess waiting
i don’t dream or think
i just remember and ...