Mehdi Hajizadeh Poems
- The Trojan Horse Once is gust a knell, Shuddered a ...
- The Big Little Birdie All I hear through the songs In that ...
- The Scarecrow Stiff and strong, crucified, Standing through...
- Behind The Carved Marbles As I was disinterring the silent ...
- I Cringe When The Smoke Comes I cringe when the smoke ...
- The Devil's Love The frosty is the heart Is all the blood, ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Mehdi Hajizadeh
The Trojan Horse
Once is gust a knell,
Shuddered a colt
Shattered his mane athwart
His wafting soul a shaft of fear
Like a sprout!
Staggering in frisson
A gladiator, reined him in prison
His body, an etched pigeon
Under the lashing ribbon
Long time went on and on
As trained and brisk as Trojan
Until in one grim morn
He was left alone, forlorn.
Then, a shadow of hippogriff
Scratched his hoof so stiff,
Captured him by defeat.
Hey… my coy horse, an orphan,
Still flutter in this repellent
Lagoon, while Poseidon
Is himself drowned.