nicola burkett Poems
- 05 - A Hero A hero thinks of others before they think of ...
- When I Was A Child When i was a child, i thought they could ...
- Womens Intuition We know what we want, when we want And ...
- 32 - Cinderella Running towards her pumpkin At the stroke of...
- 06 - Enchanted Fairies Over England’s dales Deep past the ...
- 30 - The Devils Chair A suicide note I carved on my ...
- 04 - Sid N' Nancy He was a punk rocker, she a groupie ...
I have been writing for as long as i can remember. I had always been creative as a child, though then my first passion was art, which i pursued at (gcse and a-level)
It wasn't until i left school, that i found a true love for poetry. I guess as i got older i became more awear of life. The death of my beloved grandmother, when i was 20 years old and the development of depression and chronic fatigue (ME) , saw my poems become more darker, and as i see it much more realistic. My most favourite art and poetry movement has to be The Pre-Raphalite Brotherhood (Dante Rossetti, Sir Everett Millias, Lizzy Siddal, Waterhouse and Christina Rossetti) are just some ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
05 - A Hero
A hero thinks of others before they think of themselves
A hero will die to protect
A hero can be of any age, any colour
A hero can be man, woman or child
A hero is courageous, loving and brave
A hero will never complain
A hero can be made in one act of compassion
Or years of tender loving care
Some hero's are remembered, whilst many are left forgotten
Hero's are angels in disguise, saving precious innocent lives
I dedicate this poem
To Pvt Steven Freund, Officer Kevin Tonn and all fallen heroes.