Nika McGuin Poems
- Assembling The Puzzle The sounds of home greet me the ...
- Earthling The wind blows a laden sigh yet comfortably, ...
- Philosopher's Wing As I passed the threshold a mysterious ...
- Right As Rain Right as rain they say but how can rain be ...
- We'Ve Met I'd say, I've never seen the sea but, I'm fibbing...
- Slice Of Life staring at a dry-erase board and I realize ...
- I Am Not Catholic I frequent this warm cinnamon bench at my ...
'I don't think I can ever stop writing poetry now that I've started. It's as therapeutic for me as it is enjoyable! ' ~Nika
Ello~ I'm Nika McGuin. I feel like I was born a poet, but it is only recently that I am tapping into it(though rest assured, I feel like becoming a great poet is a life-long ordeal.)
I attempted poetry in middle school but back then I didn't know that poetry was so much more than rhyming. Not to mention my handwriting was so bad nobody could understand it anyway(lol) . Eventually I gave up because it seemed like I wasn't very good at it.
Near the end of 2013 I took a modern poetry class out of curiosity and it has changed ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''I have learned that nothing in life is as hard as we think it will be; nor is it as easy as we wish it could be.''~Nika
Assembling The Puzzle
The sounds of home greet me
the trickling sound of the fish tank
my mother's eccentric cackling
and my step father's loud voice
a voice that gets ignored all the same
and the discordant ticking of clocks
even the pace of time is slowed here
They say home is a place
where people take note of your absence
Its when you forget your own face
and what you look like doesn't matter
because you are kin, a tiny component
of one great warm existence,
but a crucial piece all the same
Home is something I take with me when I leave
it's a concrete part ...