Nika McGuin Poems
- Beautiful Dream Apricity, like warm fingers on a cold ...
- Assembling The Puzzle The sounds of home greet me the ...
- Earthling The wind blows a laden sigh yet comfortably, ...
- Philosopher's Wing As I passed the threshold a mysterious ...
- Right As Rain Right as rain they say but how can rain be ...
- We'Ve Met I'd say, I've never seen the sea but, I'm fibbing...
- Slice Of Life staring at a dry-erase board and I realize ...
'I don't think I can ever stop writing poetry now that I've started. It's as therapeutic for me as it is enjoyable! ' ~Nika
Ello~ I'm Nika McGuin. I feel like I was born a poet, but it is only recently that I am tapping into it(though rest assured, I feel like becoming a great poet is a life-long ordeal.)
I attempted poetry in middle school but back then I didn't know that poetry was so much more than rhyming. Not to mention my handwriting was so bad nobody could understand it anyway(lol) . Eventually I gave up because it seemed like I wasn't very good at it.
Near the end of 2013 I took a modern poetry class out of curiosity and it has changed ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''I have learned that nothing in life is as hard as we think it will be; nor is it as easy as we wish it could be.''~Nika
Apricity, like warm
fingers on a cold day
like yours in mine
chasing away the ghosts
of loneliness, still
to this day I can't say
that I know you
for you are the man
of my dreams, or rather
the man in my dreams
Last night I saw you
I dreamt up our romantic
encounter, how you discovered
me that fair day - ten years ago somewhere
in dreamland - our beautiful wedding
and our imaginary friends
my whole life with you really
Then at once, I woke up
but I wasn't disappointed
all along I knew
It was only a dream
a beautiful ...