Nika McGuin Poems
- Assembling The Puzzle The sounds of home greet me the ...
- Beautiful Dream Apricity, like warm fingers on a cold ...
- Earthling The wind blows a laden sigh yet comfortably, ...
- Internal Photographs When we are together my heart is ...
- Philosopher's Wing As I passed the threshold a mysterious ...
- The Vulture's Pet There was once a pretty young lady She ...
- Right As Rain Right as rain they say but how can rain be ...
'I don't think I can ever stop writing poetry now that I've started. It's as therapeutic for me as it is enjoyable! ' ~Nika
Hello, I'm Nika McGuin. I feel like I was born a poet(though rest assured, I feel like becoming a great poet is a life-long ordeal.) Even when I didn't know what poetry was I enjoyed scribbling in my diary as a kid. Much of what I wrote verged on prose unbeknowst to me.
I attempted poetry in middle school but back then I didn't know that poetry was so much more than rhyming. Not to mention my handwriting was so bad nobody could understand it anyway(lol) . Eventually I gave up because it seemed like I wasn't very good at ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''I have learned that nothing in life is as hard as we think it will be; nor is it as easy as we wish it could be.''~Nika
''Words that go unspoken are like hot iron, they brand your soul. They can set you afire one day if you don't release them.''Nika McGuin
Assembling The Puzzle
The sounds of home greet me
the trickling sound of the fish tank
my mother's eccentric cackling
and my step father's loud voice
a voice that gets ignored all the same
and the discordant ticking of clocks
even the pace of time is slowed here
They say home is a place
where people take note of your absence
Its when you forget your own face
and what you look like doesn't matter
because you are kin, a tiny component
of one great warm existence,
but a crucial piece all the same
Home is something I take with me when I leave
it's a concrete part ...