Palitha Ranatunge Poems
- The Perfect Love I was at the window during the long ...
- The Souvenirs Of Love Dear friend! today I call you, ...
- The Chicken I encountered them Bundled into a tiny iron ...
- The Truth Having removed a cist of the brain He lost half of...
- The Rapist Hey, may I whisper unto thy soul And pour the ...
- Demon Cults The creator of gods For the benefit of own Gone...
- Pinocchio Blue fairy where art thou I pray for thy ...
Palitha Ranatunge is a Sri Lankan poet and lyricist. A lawyer by profession, he wrote poetry and lyrics in his mother language, Sinhalese, starting from his school age and also sung by reputed singers. Ranatunge won a national award for his first English poetry collection " The Shifting of My Paradigm" . more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Palitha Ranatunge
The Perfect Love
I was at the window during the long nights
Watching you growing and fading
One day I was happy to look at your
full moon face, the other days
You were fading into pitch darkness,
Leaving me all alone, in the darkness
Of the mighty universe, having
No one to share the life
In all tomorrows of the past,
I admired your unique beauty
And felt your kindness
In every palpitation of my heart
But I felt all at once the reality
of your non-existence,
I dreamt in the night, embracing
yout heart, crying indeed for nothing
could be the ...