Mohammad Akmal Nazir
A World Of Treason - Poem by Mohammad Akmal Nazir
Let's see the world with an open eye,
And take it as a bivouac not destination,
Its love is false and nature sly,
It's an obstacle in the way of emancipation.
It will betray you when you need it most,
What is there in it to make you please?
All that you gain here will be lost,
It's like a prison and will not release.
Greed and lie are its ultimate rewards,
Hopes are trampled and hearts broken,
trouble it awards,
Your own loved ones are brutally foresaken.
Why should we trust such a useless thing
Which is certainly selfish and not fit to cling.
Comments about A World Of Treason by Mohammad Akmal Nazir
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl