Be Still, And Listen! - Poem by Eric Cockrell
the One whose thoughts
out of particles of dust,
walks within you.
can you feel the ebb
and flow of the tide?
listen! you can hear
voices binding darkness
are they not merely echoes
of the living written
and etched into your memory?
what you call wind
is only the breath of God....
what you call rain, Her tears...
the empty place that's always
been hidden in your heart...
is only Her hand cupped
to catch your dreams....
whisper softly; Her voice blends
with yours.... and calls the robin
that builds a nest in your prayers!
Comments about Be Still, And Listen! by Eric Cockrell
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda