...Before And Still... - Poem by Lee Degnan
If I faltered...
letting all that I hear,
fear, hold dear,
crash before me
before I realize
I could've saved it all...
If I altered...
all the could've beens,
should've beens, and when's
before I realized
this was my biggest downfall...
If I'd catered...
to all my whims,
what I'd win, just to lie again,
manipulated it all for me
and not realize
I've backed myself up against the wall...
It never mattered...
because what I've learned,
not earned aside all the bridges I burned
in the process,
nothing I've ever done
got me what I idealized...
Your love, before and still, was never mine at all.
Comments about ...Before And Still... by Lee Degnan
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl