Lawrence S. Pertillar
Beset By Fenced In Divisions - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Your criteria and mine,
To live a life of significance...
Has two seperate and unrelated visions.
You may perceive your gift of life,
With a vision beset by fenced in divisions.
Prioritized by appearances and historic beliefs.
And I have decided to look upon my life,
With a gratefulness to be blessed...
As an opportunity to please the Almighty.
With a doing not to be restricted,
By limits experienced to accept and defend.
As to which one of us achieves success,
To address others to impress?
Expectations are not mine on others to waste.
Comments about Beset By Fenced In Divisions by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl