*blessings* - Poem by VIPINS PUTHOORAN
The eyes of twilight gaze at a candle,
Burning under the baluster of a churchyard.
Breeze fluctuating its flame softly,
White doves of love fluttering their wings
And murmuring the words they've ne'er spoken,
Under the eaves they unite and praise God
Priests of the past preaching salvation-
At the red-carpeted pulpit of people.
But the lambs sleep under the sea of sin
Leviathan stirs in their ears
Lo! Heart of man is the art of God
And in sculptured minds purity fade
Blessings are still there from God
Still there- flaming for us
But our hearts desire darkness as always
O'Come closer to the light,
That burning for you and me.
Come closer to the light,
That melts like a candle.
Comments about *blessings* by VIPINS PUTHOORAN
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda