Fishing Fun - Poem by Mary Nagy
Our fishing trips arn't fruitful,
but they're always lots of fun.
We always have a story
about losing 'the big one'.
Most of the time we're casting
while dad says 'Watch your pole!
To be a real good fisherman
you have to play the role! '
'You can't keep reeling in your bait.
Patience is the key.
If you just stare right at the tip...
You'll get one...you will see.'
'Stop making noise! ', 'Stop fidgeting! '
'Who drank up all my pop? ? ? '
'Don't hit her! ' and 'Don't look at him! '
'This fighting's got to stop! ! '
Just when we reach the fishing hole
of course you need to pee! !
Next week we'll try it all again!
It'll be fun... REALLY... You'll see!
Comments about Fishing Fun by Mary Nagy
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl