Let Go - Poem by Gary Nigro
The things I do and things I say,
I never wanted things to end this way.
True feelings I feel, I keep inside,
I turn into a monster, a real life Jeckle & Hyde.
There is no way to know, just who am I?
My true self locked down and wanting to cry.
This isn't right, the way that I feel,
I can't live this way, this can't be real.
I pinch myself and hope to wake,
From this nightmare, for goodness sake.
But nothing happens, I am still here,
For us to keep living this way is what I fear.
So here we are again, on this familiar ground,
No more words between us, no more feelings to be found.
I planned on loving you forever and just wanted to let you know,
That I realized loving you, is having to let you go!
Comments about Let Go by Gary Nigro
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Gary Nigro's Other Poems
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl