Memory Is A Cheating Thing - Poem by Adeline Foster
Memory is a cheating thing-
It only strives to please,
And over bitter clouds creates
A shimmer to deceive.
Memory is a kindly thing-
It drops curtains on the past;
And through the layers of gauze is seen
Brave figurines of glass.
Comments about Memory Is A Cheating Thing by Adeline Foster
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl