Ponderings Of An Insomniac - Poem by Jazzy Davies
Have you ever seen the irridescence of a moonbeam?
Or noticed the translucence of the clouds?
Heard the melancholic lament of the nightingale?
Or felt the softness of a moth's silver shrouds?
Debated with your cat?
Seen the shadow of a bat?
Heard a fox's bark?
Been scared of the dark?
Solved the Holy Grail?
Seen a comets trail?
Heard the neighbours fight?
And watched the dawn grow light?
So, as we sit, fighting impatience and angst,
take advantage and seize this precious time.
Look around you with wonder and open your eyes,
and enjoy the gifts given by glorious night-time.
Comments about Ponderings Of An Insomniac by Jazzy Davies
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl