The Scent Of Lilac - Poem by Mary Nagy
The simple scent of lilac
sends my mind to a far off land.
A place where you and I can go
just walking hand in hand.
Each spring I see the buds peek out
and I know it's coming soon.
This is the time of year we love
just staring at the moon.
I love to sit out on the porch
and listen to you sigh.
This is where I yearn to be...
that ol' lilac bush nearby.
That scent just sends a shiver
right up my whole spine.
It's this that makes me realize....
I can't believe you're mine.
Comments about The Scent Of Lilac by Mary Nagy
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl