Family Picture? - Poem by Mary Nagy
What is a family picture?
Is it all for real?
Are the people that you see
pretending they don't feel?
Can you see their anger?
Can you smell their fear?
Do you sense unhappiness
in the picture that's so clear?
We're trying to be perfect,
to look a certain way.
A family picture says so much
when there's nothing nice to say.
You plaster on the fake smile.
You put your arms 'just so'.
You show the world your family
without letting your family show.
Comments about Family Picture? by Mary Nagy
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl