~~losing Me~~ - Poem by Mary Nagy
The darkness of the pit
is swallowing you in.
I see you looking at me
with that evil, twisted grin.
You know just what you're doing.
You've done it all before.
It kills me when you look at me
while bleeding on the floor.
I've offered you my hand
time and time again.
I've tried to help you change your life.
I've tried to be your friend.
I'll watch you from a distance
but I'll never get too near.
You'd love to take me with you
but my strength you've learned to fear.
If I could help you truly
just to see what you could be.
I'd try ten thousand times again
but I won't risk losing me.
Comments about ~~losing Me~~ by Mary Nagy
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda