Eila Mahima Jaipaul
The Shadow Of Clouds - Poem by Eila Mahima Jaipaul
I have dreamed of you,
so much, I am lost
in the sky.
I will whisper this in your ear.
as if it were a rough draft,
something scribbled on a napkin,
because there is no time
left to write.
or for my shadow to fall back to earth.
all the times we've talked, I was afraid
to want more.
the hours belonged to neither you
nor I. what can I do, now
that I can not find the words I need,
when your hands are not mine and there's no time to sleep.
now that your name is not enough.
my lips are like clouds
drifting above your shadow as you sleep.
now that the moon is enthralled, what can I do
if one of us is lying on the earth,
and the other
is lost in the sky.
Comments about The Shadow Of Clouds by Eila Mahima Jaipaul
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl