The Silence - Poem by Shivani Agarwal
Something was smouldering inside,
Since several dark nights
Tossing and turning about,
Desperate to come out
To be free as a bird,
In the form of Words...
A dream, some hope, or pain or desire?
I laughed, and moved on but,
Cries were getting higher
Aaah! They hurted, I was a liar.
Found a corner to hide,
And sat down to write
Searched the depths of my soul
Something came out after a while...
No words can paint,
The hopes I carry in vain
In the world where all is play,
I fear being called insane
Silence is my color,
Painted all over
Deep and blue like the sea
Can't set them free!
One day I'm sure
they'll rest with me...
Comments about The Silence by Shivani Agarwal
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda