Lawrence S. Pertillar
Trapped In Memories - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Nothing that has me trapped,
In memories passed is coming back!
No thrill I will upon myself...
Comes to repeat.
Like soft keys on a piano played!
And although I may mellow with age,
Like a fine wine...
No amount of it I drink,
Dances in my mind to comfort or soothe
The reality of you not being near
With me now!
I am hungover with too much hope!
With a love I can't let go!
And I'm paying too much of a price,
Trying to drink you here into my life again!
Play for me Frederic!
I am in a prelude in e-minor mood.
Play until this opus leaves my scope! '
Comments about Trapped In Memories by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl