*what Makes You Cry? - Poem by Ted Sheridan
What makes you cry?
I pray it’s not always me
As you have convinced me many times
The real me
Would never try to hurt you
I know you are in pain
And probably hate me.
But you don’t hate me
As much as you miss me
Truth be known
I show more of a tendency
To abandon you to your locked closet
Of whore’s clothes and dildos….
You are predictably stronger
Than most souls
I encounter in the deafening mist of empty dreams
What makes you cry, when I’m not to blame?
2009 © TS
Comments about *what Makes You Cry? by Ted Sheridan
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl