Wonderfully Fat - Poem by Francesca Johnson
It was wonderfully fat,
squashy to the touch.
I liked the feeling very much
as I held it softly in my heart
and felt the lifeforce throb
Omnipresent, a delight,
a rhapsody of all that's right.
A comfort blanket, white and clean,
I'd poke it with my finger
and luxuriate in its heat.
I'd linger, feel the glow upon my skin
and hold the heavenly joy within.
Like candyfloss and cashmere sweaters
there was a softness
that tickled and stroked my soul
and my very being
........until that day when sadness came.........
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about Wonderfully Fat by Francesca Johnson
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl