World-Weary Girl - Poem by Uriah Hamilton
Tears form in your eyes,
Like a virulent tornado
Around your heart,
Rending the fragile fabric of your soul,
I fear, irreparably apart.
I want to kiss your delicate face,
Gently touch your hair,
Reassure you I’m on your side,
Reassure you that I care.
Invite me into your life,
Help me understand your story
If we have to talk unceasingly
Through the dark and lonely night.
I believe in your struggle,
And I’ll send sympathetic prayers into the universe
Until I know the dawn of a new embrace
Has brought you into the arms
Of an indisputable and transforming love.
Comments about World-Weary Girl by Uriah Hamilton
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl