Gillian.E. Shaw Poems
- N - The Apron My Nanna wore an apron for all her mornings ...
- A Child. Bold, brave and beautiful strong of limb bright ...
- We Do Not Feel Her. And as she turns we do not feel her: ...
- The River Erdre. Then run along the riverside upon a time a ...
- D - While The Princes Slept. While the Princes slept: An ...
- A Demon Abducted His Reason! So charming, one found him ...
- Sisterhood Once there was an observant girl who passed the ...
G.E.Shaw Originally from Bedfordshire the poet moved to France where she works as a Teacher.
Gillian E.Shaw would like to thank all those who have
read and left comments after reading her poetry. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Gillian.E. Shaw
N - The Apron
My Nanna wore an apron
for all her mornings tasks;
such a pretty shade and floral
and I have kept the last.
She washed and pressed it regularly
and placed it in a drawer
with several other aprons,
she didn't want for more.
They were always very pretty
made by her own fair hand,
with many different colors
and I'd gaze up as she'd stand.
Always standing doing something
like rolling pastry out
or frying Grandad's breakfast
cooking cakes when he was out.
She found it so important
to cover up for work...
sometimes jobs were ...